Spain – Seasonal worker

Are you a non-EU citizen wishing to carry out seasonal work in Spain? You can find information below on the conditions, procedures and rights you can enjoy during your stay.

To carry out seasonal work in Spain, you must obtain:

  • a work and residence permit; and
  • a work and residence visa

The procedure is basically the same as for employed workers, with the following additional requirements:

  • you should have accommodation in conditions of adequate dignity and hygiene provided by the employer;
  • your travel costs are covered;
  • you undertake to return to your country of origin when the contract is finished.

Recruitment of seasonal workers may be subject to quotas. Preference will be given to non-EU citizens coming from countries with which Spain has concluded bilateral agreements.

Where to apply

Work and residence permit

Before you apply for your work and residence visa, your employer must obtain a work permit from the Provincial Aliens Affairs Office, or from any official department of labour from the different Autonomous Communities.

Once the work permit has been authorised, the residence permit is granted together with the work permit by the Provincial Aliens Affairs Office.

Work and residence visa

Once the work permit has been authorised, you must apply for a work and residence visa at the Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence Search for available translations of the preceding linkwhich will allow you to enter Spain to work.

Duration of validity of permits

Permits are valid for a maximum of nine months per calendar year and will be of the same duration as the work contract. It could be extended for an additional period taking into account the contract length with a maximum of nine months in total.

Further information

More on working in Spain

No data currently available

No information available